Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 16. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Wintry mix: Looks like it could be a messy day. According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain and snow before 3 p.m. then rain between 3 and 5 p.m. followed by rain and snow mx after 5 p.m. High temperature near 35 degrees. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Chance of snow showers in the early evening then gradual clearing. Low around 29.
- Winter Parking: A reminder that the town's Winter Parking Ban went into effect on December 1. There is now no on-street parking from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. There have been many logged citation in the Burlington Police logs so they are actively enforcing this parking ban.
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library has two storytimes planned for today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- Facebook friends: Get Burlington news right on your Facebook page in 2013. Click the link to like our Burlington Patch Facebook today and if you already have, please tell a friend and help us reach our goal of 1,000 followers!
- Boxing class: Empire Sports Club is holding an introductory boxing class at 12 p.m. today for people of all ages. Price is $10.