Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 30. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Afternoon showers: Looks like we will have a gray but warmish day. According to the National Weather Service we can expect cloudy skies through the days and showers after 4 p.m. High temperature near 57 degrees. Showers and a possible thunderstorm tonight with a low around 50.
- Winter Parking: A reminder that the town's Winter Parking Ban went into effect on December 1. There is now no on-street parking from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. There have been many logged citation in the Burlington Police logs so they are actively enforcing this parking ban.
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library has two storytimes planned for today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- Book discussion: The Burlington Public Library is hosting the "The Last Wednesday Book Discussion Group" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. tonight. The group will be discussing Luis Alberto's popular novel, "Hummingbird's Daughter." The book is "an epic mystical drama of a young woman's sudden sainthood in late 19th-century Mexico." Come down and share your thoughts on this novel. Copies of the book are available at the front desk.
- Facebook friends: Get Burlington news right on your Facebook page in 2013. Click the link to like our Burlington Patch Facebook today and if you already have, please tell a friend and help us reach our goal of 1,000 followers!