Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, Jan. 14. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of showers: Looks like a mixed bag today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers and fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise partly sunny and warm with a high near 53 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 26.
- Public meetings: The Burlington Board of Selectmen is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall this evening. The Recreation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School.
- Storytime & crafts: The Burlington Public Library is holding a children story and crafts event at 11:15 a.m. this morning for children ages 3 to 6. Join them for a toddler story with a craft based on the book.
- Preserve the park: The Friends of Mary Cumming Park are meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the Burlington Public Library. The purpose of this meeting is to To discuss and plan strategies to ensure that Mary Cummings Park in Burlington and Woburn remains open to the public for recreation and conservation.
- Facebook friends: Get Burlington news right on your Facebook page in 2013. Click the link to like our Burlington Patch Facebook today and if you already have, please tell a friend and help us reach our goal of 1,000 followers!
Editor's note: This story originally stated the Board of Selectmen meeting started at 7 p.m. rather than 6:30 p.m.