Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 6. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of morning snow: Looks like a gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of snow this morning, mainly before 9 a.m. with less than half an inch of accumulation expected. Otherwise cloudy in the morning and gradually clearing with a high near 39 degrees. Mostly clear tonight and cool with a low around 15.
- Public meeting: The Housing Authority is meeting at 10 a.m. in the Housing Authority offices at 15 Birchcrest St.
- Winter Parking: A reminder that the town's Winter Parking Ban went into effect on December 1. There is now no on-street parking from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. There have been many logged citation in the Burlington Police logs so they are actively enforcing this parking ban.
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library has two storytimes planned for today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- Spring social: West Elm is holding a spring social from 6 to 8 p.m. today. Customers are invited to get inspired and gather floral and gardening ideas at an indoor garden extravaganza. Store associates will be on-hand to help design a Valentine bouquet of vibrant paper flowers that will last a lifetime and transform succulents, grasses and rocks into beautiful terrariums.