Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, Jan. 7. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny: Looks like a clear but cool day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high temperature near 33 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 22.
- Public meetings: The Land Use Committee is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. The Burlington Board of Selectmen is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall. The Information Systems Advisory Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall basement lounge.
- Lend a hand: The community group "Help Me Help Someone" (HELPIS) is meeting at 7 p.m. this evening in the Burlington Public Library. According to the group "This organization will bring people in our community together to reach out and help those in need. Through simple act of kindness and generosity we will heal, uplift, inspire, and improve the lives of others."
- Library friends: The Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Burlington Public Library is open to members and to interested people from the community at large and will be held at 7 p.m. this evening in the library. Members will approve a budget, and will elect officers for the coming year. Following the brief business portion of the meeting Jane McIninch from 'Fine Chokolader' will give a presentation about chocolate, where it comes from and how it is made. Samples of wonderful chocolate will be offered for tasting.
- Facebook friends: Get Burlington news right on your Facebook page in 2013. Click the link to like our Burlington Patch Facebook today and if you already have, please tell a friend and help us reach our goal of 1,000 followers!