Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny but cold: Looks like a bone-chilling day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 24 degrees. Wind chill values could get as low as -6 degrees. Mostly cloudy tonight with a low around 19.
- Public meetings: The Board of Health is meeting at 10 a.m. in the Town Hall Annex. The Planning Board is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall.
- School volunteers: The Burlington Public Library is holding a "Bridges Together" session at 10:30 a.m. this morning. The program is to train senior volunteers for inter-generational program with Burlington schools. Free and all are welcome.
- Bridge: The Burlington Public Library is hosting two bridge playing events today. The first is COA Bridge Players, a group aimed at seniors, which will meet at 1 p.m. The second is the Thursday Night Bridge group, which meets at 6:30 p.m. Both sessions are open to the public, so come down, play some bridge and meet new people.
- You ask, Patch answers: Have a question about something happening in Burlington? Want to know what new business is going into a site? Let us know what is on your mind and we'll see if we can dig up the answers in our "You ask, Patch answers" posts. Email questions to editor Rich Hosford at Richard.Hosford@Patch.com.