Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 21. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Partly sunny, windy: Looks like a normal New England winter day. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 33 degrees. There will be a strong wind with gusts as high 28 miles per hour. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 24. Gusts tonight as high as 29 mph.
- Public meetings: The Library Board of Trustees is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Burlington Public Library. The Planning Board is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Great decisions - NATO: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a "Great Decisions 2013: NATO" discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management. Adults of all levels of knowledge and background are welcome to attend.
- Stories with a veterinarian: The Library is also hosting a storytime at 3 p.m. with Burlington Veterinarian Dr. Meade and his staff today. Come listen to stories from a local veterinarian.
- Nerf fun: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship & NERF is holding vacation week sessions this week. This morning they are holding a foam sword adventure for children ages 6 and up. Click here for more information.