Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 14. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy but mild: Looks like a gray but relatively warm day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly cloudy skies through the morning that will gradually clear later in the day. High temperature near 45 degrees. Cloudy tonight with a low around 31.
- Public meetings: The Conservation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Great decisions: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a "Great Decisions 2013: Egypt" discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management. Adults of all levels of knowledge and background are welcome to attend.
- Cookie decorating: The Library is also hosting a sweet event for teens today. There will be cookie decorating from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. for students in grades 6 to 12.
- After-school program registration: Registration for the Burlington Public Schools Before and After School Programs and Summer Central, is open through Feb. 20, for children in grades kindergarten through 5. Registration forms for the 2013/2014 school year are available at www.bpsk12.org under the Community tab