Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Feb. 22. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny: Looks like a clear day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 38 degrees. Increasing clouds tonight with a low around 26.
- Family sing-along: The Burlington Public Library is holding a "Family Sing-Along with Kids' Harmony" at 11:30 a.m. this morning. Join musician James Lepler, from Kids N' Harmony, for a morning of fun songs geared for young children. For children between the ages of birth to 7 years old.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- Little bakers: Panera Bread has started a new baking lessons program for children aged 5 to 12. The Panera Bread's Bakers in Training (B.I.T.) program will teach your "Baker in Training" the essentials of kitchen safety, proper food handling and food preparation. Plus, all B.I.T. Kids will be outfitted with their own baking hat and learn to bake their own loaf of bread and decorate a cookie. Cost is $15. Click here for more details.
- Facebook friends: Get Burlington news right on your Facebook page in 2013. Click the link to like our Burlington Patch Facebook today and if you already have, please tell a friend and help us reach our goal of 1,000 followers!