Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 31. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Morning showers, high winds: Looks like a gray and windy day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect showers and a possible thunderstorm this morning followed by fog and cloudy skies. There will be a west wind between 21 and 29 miles per hour with gusts as high as 55 mph. High temperature near 41 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 24.
- Public meetings: The Planning Board and Land Use Committee are meeting at 4 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room for a strategy session. The Burlington Community Scholarship Foundation is meeting at 5 p.m. in the main hearing room in Town Hall.
- Fun with Duct Tape: The Burlington Public Library is holding a "Teen Event: Fun with Duct Tape" at 3:30 p.m. for children and teens in grades 6-12. Create colorful and unique items with the versatile tape. Snacks to be provided.
- Environmentally-Friendly energy: The Green Group Boston is holding a presentation on green energy at 6:30 p.m. in the library.
- Strength & Stretch: Miss Louise's School of Dance is holding a free stretch and strength class at 6 p.m. this evening and every Wednesday night. Click here for details.