Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 9. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 46 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 30.
- Public meeting: The Burlington Council on Aging is holding a 4 p.m. meeting in room 136 of the Community Life Center.
- Soft Side of Retirement: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a discussion on retirement planning from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The program will focus on the non-financial aspects of retirement preparation and relevant issues for anyone newly retired or considering retirement.
- Boxing class: Empire Sports Club is holding an introductory boxing class at 12 p.m. today for people of all ages. Price is $10.
- Strength & Stretch: Miss Louise's School of Dance is holding a free stretch and strength class at 6 p.m. this evening and every Wednesday night. Click here for details.