Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 20. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Some sun: Looks like an okay day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 49 degrees. Mostly cloudy tonight with a low around 32.
- Public meeting: The Burlington Board of Appeals is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lose weight with support: The group TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Burlington Public Library. New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Last Days for our Facebook showdown: Burlington Patch is taking on Lexington Patch in a Facebook "like" showdown. We are looking to see who can get more likes between now and Nov. 21 (day before the Burlington/Lexington Thanksgiving Day game). Help us beat Lexington by liking our Facebook page today.