Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Dec. 28. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny: Looks like the sun will return today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 35 degrees. Cloudy tonight with a low around 21.
- Family sing-along: The Burlington Public Library is holding a "Family Sing-Along with Kids' Harmony" at 11 a.m. this morning. Join musician James Lepler, from Kids N' Harmony, for a morning of fun songs geared for young children. For children between the ages of birth to 7 years old.
- Fun and games: The Burlington Public Library is hosting Videogaming and Board Games for kids in grades 5 and up from 1 to 2 p.m. today Come down for an afternoon of game fun for no charge.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- 140 character news: Did you know Burlington Patch uses Twitter to post updates of area new throughout the day? If you'd like to stay updated and join in the conversation, follow us on Twitter by following @BurlingtonPatch.