Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Jan. 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Partly sunny: Though it will be cool today it won't be as cold as the last couple of days. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 36 degrees. Windy with gusts as fast as 28 miles per hour. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 24.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- Electronic waste: Environmentally-conscious Burlington students are hosting an electronic waste recycling day tomorrow. Bring your computers/laptops, monitors, printers, typewriters, iPads, iPods, cell phones, or other electronics to Burlington High School between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Click here for more details.
- Needle talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting the monthly Friday Knit Club today from 10 a.m. to noon. This club offers participants a chance to learn, share, and motivate one another in the art of knitting.
- 140 character news: Did you know Burlington Patch uses Twitter to post updates of area new throughout the day? If you'd like to stay updated and join in the conversation, follow us on Twitter by following @BurlingtonPatch.