Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Dec. 14. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny: Looks like another nice day, at least for the winter. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 46 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 27.
- Baby books: The Library is hosting a Baby Storytime for newborns to children 18 months old at 11 a.m. this morning. Delight and stimulate your baby’s senses with books, songs and puppets that help build brain power.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- Christmas theater: The Park Playhouse is holding a performance of the play "" at 7:30 p.m. this evening. Bring the whole family to the heartwarming "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus", the delightful story of 8 year old Virginia's letter to the editor and the wonderful response. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for seniors, students and children. Click here for more information.
- Bell ringers needed: The Salvation Army needs Bell Ringers in several locations in Burlington at both indoor and outdoor sites for days, evenings and Saturdays. Click here for details.