Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 13. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny: Looks like a pretty nice day today though there is a chance of some snow tonight. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 41 degrees. A chance of snow tonight after 9 p.m. with a low around 25 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- Public meetings: The Council on Aging is meeting at 10 p.m. in room 136 at 61 Center Street. Ways & Means is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Internet basics: Do you or someone you know need some help navigating the web? The Burlington Public Library hosting a "Navigating the Net" program at 1:15 p.m. today that will cover websites and search engines. Classes are free but all must register by calling 781-270-1691 or come to the reference desk on the second floor.
- Boxing class: Empire Sports Club is holding an introductory boxing class at 12 p.m. today for people of all ages. Price is $10.
- Winter Parking: A reminder that the town's Winter Parking Ban went into effect on December 1. There is now no on-street parking from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. There have been many logged citation in the Burlington Police logs so they are actively enforcing this parking ban.