Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 5. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy and cool: Looks like a kind of gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly cloudy skies with a high near 28 degrees. A chance of snow showers late tonight with little or no accumulation expected. Overnight low around 20 degrees.
- Public meeting: The Burlington Board of Appeals is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room of Town Hall. This will be the first meeting with the new members appointed last month.
- Blood drive: The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive from 1:30 to 7 p.m. today at the Burlington American Legion, 162 Winn St. Do your part and donate today and give the gift of life.
- Scrabble Club: The Burlington Public Library is holding a session of the Scrabble Club from 3:45 to 5 p.m. this afternoon. The club is open to students in grades 4 - 8 and no registration required.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is also hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.