Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 29. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of snow: Looks like a messy day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a slight chance of snow showers and sleet before 10 a.m. then a chance of freezing rain and sleet through 11 a.m. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 33 degrees. Chance of showers tonight and the temperature will rise to about 40 degrees by 4 a.m.
- Public meeting: The Shawsheen Tech School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the Shawsheen High-John Miller Conference room.
- Scrabble Club: The Burlington Public Library is holding a session of the Scrabble Club from 3:45 to 5 p.m. this afternoon. The club is open to students in grades 4 - 8 and no registration required.
- Blood drive: The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive from 1:30 to 7 p.m. today at the Burlington American Legion, 162 Winn St. Do your part and donate today and give the gift of life.
- Lend a hand: The community group "Help Me Help Someone" (HELPIS) is meeting at 6:30 p.m. this evening in the Burlington Public Library. According to the group "This organization will bring people in our community together to reach out and help those in need. Through simple act of kindness and generosity we will heal, uplift, inspire, and improve the lives of others."