Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 7. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny and cool: Looks like a clear but cool day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 23 degrees. Slight chance of snow overnight with a low around 17.
- Public meetings: The Burlington Housing Authority is meeting at 10 a.m. in the Housing Authority offices at 15 Birchcrest St. The Planning Board is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Bake Sale: The Burlington Recreation Department is holding a bake sale in the Human Services Building from 3:30 to 5:15 p.m. this afternoon. There will be a wide variety of delicious homemade and professionally baked goods - Most only $1. ALL proceeds go to NoKidHungry (a nationwide non-profit organization).
- Great decisions: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Great Decisions 2013: Future of the Euro discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management. Adults of all levels of knowledge and background are welcome to attend.
- Japanese anime club: The Burlington Public Library is also hosting a Teen Animanga Club at 3:45 p.m. today. The club will be viewing Japanese anime (animation) and discussing manga (Japanese comics). There will also be crafts, drawing, snacks - plus giveaways and contests.