Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Dec. 21. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Showers and wind: Looks like it will be a wet and blustery day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain showers through the day and high winds between 20 and 25 miles per hour with gusts as high as 47 mph. High temperature near 47 degrees. Rain showers likely tonight as well with a low near 32.
- Blood drive: Give the gift of life and donate blood for the American Red Cross at Lahey Clinic between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. today. All donors will receive a gift card for a free appetizer or dessert from Chili's. Visit redcrossblood.org for more information.
- Bell ringers needed: The Salvation Army needs Bell Ringers in several locations in Burlington at both indoor and outdoor sites for days, evenings and Saturdays. Click here for details.
- Parent's night out: Looking for a night to yourselves without the kids? Echo Enrichment Center is giving parents a chance to enjoy a night out. Drop the kids off starting at 6:30 p.m. for a game night. Cost is $20 per person and $10 for additional siblings. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- NERF blaster fun: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship & NERF is holding an "Alien Invasion" event tonight at 7 p.m. Bring your best blaster (or use one of theirs) and join the crew of the SS Tiberius to fight off this invasion before it ruins the holidays for everyone. Darts provided. Cost is $20 per person.