Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, Feb. 11. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Rain: Looks like a messy day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain today with precipitation amounts between a quarter and half an inch possible. High temperature near 43 degrees.
- Roof clearing: The rain mixed with all of the snow we have could cause some issues, especially with snow build-up on flat roofs. The rain will make the snow much heavier. Click here for tips on clearing your roof to avoid a collapse.
- Two hour delay: Burlington Schools have a two hour delay today.
- Careful driving: Be careful on the roads today. Not all of the sidewalks in town have been plowed so people, and students, may be walking in the roadway. Also, there are high snow banks at intersections that make visibility difficult so be careful when pulling out into the road.
- Public meetings: The Burlington Board of Selectmen is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall this evening. The Recreation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School.