Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 25. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 72 degrees. Cloudy tonight with a low around 54.
- Public meetings: The Grand View Farm Advisory Committee is meeeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement. The School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lend a hand: The community group "Help Me Help Someone" (HELPIS) is meeting at 6:30 p.m. this evening in the Burlington Public Library. According to the event post "This organization will bring people in our community together to reach out and help those in need. Through simple act of kindness and generosity we will heal, uplift, inspire, and improve the lives of others."
- I think I love you: On this day in 1970, the television show The Partridge Family premiered on network TV. The show featured a singing family with matriarch Shirley Partridge, played by Shirley Jones. The show would spawn a number one single with the song "I Think I Love You."