Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, Sept. 22. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of showers: Looks like a gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers and cloudy skies with a high temperature near 74 degrees. Tonight's low will be near 63 degrees.
- Japanese anime club: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a will be viewing Japanese anime (animation) and discussing manga (Japanese comics). There will also be crafts, drawing, snacks - plus giveaways and contests.
- Public meetings: The Burlington Conservation Commission in the main hearing room on the second floor of. The Library Board of Trustees . and that meeting is taking place at the .
- Old time jamming: Burlington's , 56 Middlesex Tpke, is hosting an "" from 7 to 9 p.m. this evening. Players of all ages, shapes and sizes come together in the time-honored tradition of sitting and playing music. Entry is $5.
- Toughest job you'll ever love: On this day in 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed legislation making the Peace Corps an official government agency. The Corps was designed to send civilian volunteers to impoverished and less-developed countries to assist the people there. Kennedy believed that if these countries were assisted by the Peace Corps, they would be less likely to fall susceptible to communism.