Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, Sept. 19. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny but cool: Looks like another nice fall day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high temperature near 66 degrees. Tonight the temperature will hit a low near 50 degrees.
- Taste of Burlington: The , put on by the Burlington Area Chamber of Commerce, will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the new today. Come down and get a taste of what Burlington has to offer.
- Preserve the park: The are tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the . The purpose of this meeting is to updates members on activities, plan future activities and sign up new members. The group is always looking for new people to lend their time, energy and ideas.
- Girl Scout sign-up: Burlington's Girl Scouts is holding a at 7 p.m. this evening at . Girl Scouts is available to all girls ages 5-17, and is flexible to meet girls and volunteer’s schedule through a variety of pathways such as camp, troops and a series of activities. There will be a 30-minute presentation on what the Girl Scouts has to offer.
- We were goodfellas, wiseguys': On this day in 1990, the Martin Scorsese film Goodfellas premiered in American theaters. The movie has held up as one of the best Mafia films made, up there with the Godfather. Goodfellas starred Ray Liotta as Henry Hill, who was a gangster turned FBI informant in the 1950s and 60s. It also starred Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci and Lorraine Bracco.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.