Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, Sept. 16. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny but cooler: Looks like a real Fall day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies today, but the temperature will only rise to about 67 degrees. It will be mostly clear tonight with a low near 40.
- Needle talk: The is hosting the monthly today from 10 to 11:45 a.m. This club offers participants a chance to learn, share, and motivate one another in the art of knitting.
- Open house: , at 162 Winn St., is from noon to 2 p.m. today to celebrate the Legion. Come by for some resfreshments and support the American Legion.
- Teen games: The library is also hosting a from 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. today. Drop by for food and fun as Game Day will include a Wii as well as board games. Feel free to bring friends and any games you would like to play.
- Settling in a new world: On this day in 1620, the Mayflower left Plymouth, England, headed toward what is now Virginia. But due to stormy seas and a few operator errors, the boat landed in Massachusetts in November. The “Pilgrims” founded the first European settlement in America in December, 1620.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.