Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section. Today is Tuesday, Oct. 4. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Rain, possible storms: Looks like a wet one today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of rain and thunderstorms before 2 p.m., followed by a chance of showers. High temperature near 61 degrees. Chance of rain tonight as well, with a low around 50.
- Stories for kids: The will be holding at 10:15 a.m. today. The program is aimed at children 18-36 months old and includes stories, puppets and music. At 11 a.m. the library is hosting , a program to help children build language skills, for children 3 to 6 years old.
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Late season yard sales: Burlington Patch is still posting it's every Saturday morning throughout the yard sale season. If you are holding a sale and want some free press for it send an email to Richard.Hosford@Patch.com and check in on Saturday mornings to find out where you can get some great deals.
- ‘Donna Martin graduates!’: On this day in 1990, teen soap opera Beverly Hills, 90201 premiered on the Fox network. The show helped Fox become more prominent in the world of TV networks and made 90201 the most famous zip code in America. The soap focused on Brenda and Brandon Walsh, twins from Minnesota who moved to Beverly Hills with their parents. With Dylan, Kelly, Steve and Donna by their side, the Walsh twins navigated Beverly Hills High and hung out at the Peach Pit. Oh yeah, and Donna Martin graduated.