Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 10. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Showers likely: According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain showers today, with periods of heavy rain, mainly after noon today. There will also be patchy fog. High temperature near 60 degrees. Showers and possible thunderstorms tonight with a low around 43.
- Public meetings: The Burlington Conservation Commission in the main hearing room on the second floor of. The Library Board of Trustees . and that meeting is taking place at the .
- Preserve the park: The are tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the . The purpose of this meeting is to To discuss and plan strategies to ensure that in Burlington and Woburn remains open to the public for recreation and conservation.
- Old time jamming: Burlington's , 56 Middlesex Tpke, is hosting an "" from 7 to 9 p.m. this evening. Players of all ages, shapes and sizes come together in the time-honored tradition of sitting and playing music. Entry is $5.
- Sweeping the Clouds Away: Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? That's right, this day marks the anniversary of the premier of the quintessential children's show "Sesame Street," which first aired in 1969. The show was created by Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett and is has captured young audiences with its short films, educational programing and, of course, with it's lovable Jim Henson Muppet characters.