Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, May 9. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Showers and T-storm possible: Looks like the rain will continue into today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect showers and a possible thunderstorm today. High temperature near 68 degrees. Showers and storms possible tonight as well, with a low around 55.
- Public meetings: The Council on Aging is meeting at 10 a.m. in the Human Services Building, room 136 at 10 a.m. The Grand View Farm Advisory Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. Finally, Ways & Means is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- Garden club: The Burlington Garden Club is meeting at 7 p.m. this evening at the .
- Live Chat: Reminder, Burlington Patch will be with a representative from the Gutierrez Company on the proposed at 6 p.m. tomorrow evening. Come to Burlington Patch a bit before 6 p.m. to join the discussion.
- To the moon, Alice: On this day in 1971, the last original episode of The Honeymooners sitcom aired on television. Although the Honeymooners characters were created in the 1950s by Jackie Gleason, the series itself was taped and aired later. The shows that were broadcast as The Honeymooners aired in one season in 1971. The show remains a popular sitcom in syndication. We were always partial to Ed Norton, what a great character!