Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, May 8. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Showers likely: Looks like it may be a good day to take the umbrella. According to the National Weather Service we can expect showers this afternoon. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 59 degrees. Showers and possible thunderstorms tonight with a low around 54.
- Public meetings: The Land Use Committee is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. The Board of Health is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at . The School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at .
- Keurig info session: The for Town Meeting members and residents at 5 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall. The discussion will center on the company's possible move to Burlington and the .
- Blood drive: The American Red Cross is holding a from 1:30 to 7 p.m. today at the Burlington , 162 Winn St. Do you part and donate today.
- Up your nose with a rubber hose: On this day in 1976, the theme song to the hit television series "Welcome Back, Kotter" was number one on the Billboard music charts. The song—"Welcome Back"—was written and recorded by John Sebastian of Lovin' Spoonful. The show featured several characters known to pop culture enthusiasts everywhere, including Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington, Arnold Horshack and, of course, Vinnie Barbarino (played by John Travolta).