Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, May 30. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of afternoon t-storms: Some chance of showers and storms this afternoon. According to the National Weather Service we have about a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 81 degrees. Chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening with an overnight low around 58.
- Town Meeting: The annual May Town Meeting will continue at 7:30 p.m. this evening in the auditorium at . The budget has been passed, and . Up for tonight is the approval of some financial expenditures.
- Calling all bloggers: Burlington Patch is still looking for new bloggers. Do you have a hobby you'd like to talk about, an area of expertise you can share or just a desire to share your thoughts? Sign up to blog on Burlington Patch and share with the community. Send an email to Richard.Hosford@patch.com for more information.
- "Like" us today: Did you know that Burlington Patch has a Facebook page? We post updates throughout the day and invite friends to comment on links, pictures and stories. Join in the conversation by "liking" our page by clicking here. Thanks!
- Presidential dedication: On this day in 1922 the Lincoln Memorial in the National Mall in Washington D.C. was dedicated. The architect was Henry Bacon, the sculptor of the primary statue, Abraham Lincoln, 1920, was Daniel Chester French, and the painter of the interior murals was Jules Guerin. Commission president William H. Taft, who was then Chief Justice of the United States, dedicated the Memorial and presented it to President Warren G. Harding, who accepted it on behalf of the American people.