Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, May 22. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of showers, cloudy: Seems like we're in for a gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers and fog, mostly before 11 a.m. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 69. A chance of showers tonight as well with a low around 56.
- Public meetings: The Oversight Committee is meeting at 3:30 p.m. at Town Hall. The Board of Health is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at . The School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at . The Shawsheen Tech School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the John P. Miller room at the school.
- Blood drive: The American Red Cross is holding a from 1:3- to 7 p.m. today at the Burlington , 162 Winn St. Do you part and donate today.
- Dine for a cause: , in the Wayside Commons, is supporting a new cause. This month, the of any meals bought on Tuesdays from sales to the Burlington Education Foundation.
- 5. The Hustler 'wins': On this day in 1969, actor Paul Newman's moving "Winning" premieres in theaters. The film starred the blue-eyed actor as a race car driver who must win the Indy 500 while not losing his family. Newman went to racing school and performed many of the action scenes himself. A few years later, Newman launched his own race career. The legendary actor died in 2008, just two years after he raced in the Rolex 24 at the Daytona Speedway.