Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, May 2. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy, morning fog: Not much interesting happening weather-wise today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect patchy fog this morning and cloudy skies throughout the day. High near 58 degrees. Mostly cloudy tonight with a low around 45.
- Public meetings: Ways & Means is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- Edible art: The is hosting an "" program from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. today. Come down and play with your food (for once its okay!).
- Career training for teens: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship & NERF is hosting a between the age of 16 and 19 at 5:30 p.m. today. The free event will feature a guest speaker who specializes in training teens for job interviews and in writing resumes. The focus on this event will be to prepare teens for how to present themselves in an interview and what to expect. Topics will include questions commonly asked in an interview, qualities employers are looking for, as well as simple techniques for making a good impression.
- bin Laden dead: On this day in 2011, Osama bin Laden, who orchestrated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, is killed by United States Navy Seals. The Seal Team 6 descended on bin Laden's compound in two Blackhawk helicopters and killed the terrorist leader. Four others were also killed. No Americans were injured in the attack. When President Barack Obama announced bin Laden's death to the nation, he said, "Justice has been done."