Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, March 20. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Morning fog, warm day: Looks like it may be a bit overcast but will still be warm. According to the National Weather Service we can expect areas of fog before 11 a.m. and otherwise cloudy skies throughout the morning. It will clear through the afternoon with a high near 76. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 49.
- Public meetings: The Town Administrator Search Committee is meeting at 8 a.m. at the in Wayside Commons. The Capital Budget Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. The Board of Appeals is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lose weight with support: The group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the . New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Let It Be: On this day in 1969, at the Rock of Gibraltar, John Lennon and Yoko Ono were married. Lennon said of the location, it's "quiet, peaceful and British." A week earlier, Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman were married.