Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, March 19. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of showers but warm: We have some Spring-like weather in store today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a slight chance of showers, mostly between 2 and 4 p.m. Otherwise partly sunny with a high near 64 degrees. Slight chance of showers and patchy fog tonight with a low around 37.
- Preserve the park: The are tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the . The purpose of this meeting is to To discuss and plan strategies to ensure that in Burlington and Woburn remains open to the public for recreation and conservation.
- Eat Chili's, support MADD: Support the Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the group's upcoming "Walk Like MADD" event by purchasing lunch, dinner or take-out at today. and for a printable certificate that will ensure 10 percent of the price of your meal goes towards the cause.
- Easter Bunny visits: The to the . From now until April 7, children can visit and get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- The ‘Memphis Mafia’ clubhouse: On this day in 1957, Elvis Presley put a down payment on one of the most famous houses in America—Graceland. The home was to be the family home for Elvis and his parents and grandparents. But it was also the clubhouse of the ‘Memphis Mafia,’ the people who were always around the rising star. Several girlfriends also sailed through the Tennessee home, as well as wife Priscilla Presley. The home is now owned by Elvis’ daughter, Lisa Marie, and is a tourist attraction. The house is preserved the way Elvis left it when he died in 1977.