"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, March 10. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Yucky mix: According to the National Weather Service there is a chance of snow and rain this morning followed by a chance of rain. Little or no snow accumulation is expected and even if there is it probably won't last because the temperature is expected to reach highs in the mid-40s.
- Student Concert: The , featuring musicians from all of the Burlington Public Schools is at 7 p.m. tonight in the Burlington High School gymnasium. Concert is free and open to everyone.
- Prenatal Yoga: The at 20 Wall Street is offering classes at 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Improve your posture and alleviate some of the discomforts of pregnancy with Hatha yoga, a combination of breathing, concentration, meditation and relaxation techniques.
- Tax help: The Burlington Council on Aging is hosting from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday through the second week of April. Sessions are a half-hour and are held at the Council on Aging office at 61 Center St.
- Birth of the roundhouse kick: On this day in 1940 actor Chuck Norris was born to Wilma and Ray Norris. Norris studied martial arts from a young age and won many tournaments but is best known for his acting career. He starred in Way of the Dragon (opposite Bruce Lee), Code of Silence, The Delta Force, Firewalker and the series Walker: Texas Ranger. Also, according to the Web site chucknorrisfacts.com
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.