Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, June 8. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of afternoon showers, t-storms: It looks like we're actually going to see the sun today, but it might duck behind some storm clouds this afternoon. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Otherwise partly sunny with a high near 76 degrees. A chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight as well with a low around 56.
- Watch meetings you miss: Miss a town meeting that had an issue on the agenda you wanted to see? You can watch meetings on BCAT's web site at this link: www.bcattv.org
- Cider with a kick: is hosting an from 4 to 6 p.m. today. Come down and try the three featured ciders; Apple Ginger, Traditional Dry and Crisp Apple. Each crafted with different flavors in order to provide more complexity and attitude and all are gluten free.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's is currently for students interesting in learning about their spring session that runs until August 1. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- 'I'm having an old friend for dinner': On this day in 1999, "Hannibal" the final part of the story of Hannibal Lecter arrives in book stores across the United States. A prequel describing Hannibal Lecter's childhood "Hannibal Rising" was released eight years later (2007). The story, told by author Thomas Harris, began with the 1981 novel "Red Dragon" and continued with 1988's "Silence of the Lambs." The book was turned into a movie starring Anthony Hopkins. A decade later, Harris completed the story of Hannibal. That novel was also made into a movie with Hopkins as the flesh-eating doctor.