Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, June 27. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny and warm: Looks like a nice, though hot, day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 84 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 65.
- Public meetings: The Board of Assessors is meeting at 6 p.m. in the Assessor's Office in . The Conservation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Summer reading: The is kicking off its children and teen programs today. The children summer reading event begins at 11 a.m. and will feature music with the Toe Jam Puppet Band and include face-painting and other activities. The teen summer reading event (grades 6 to 12) begins at 3:30 p.m. and will have snacks and games. No registration required.
- Toastmasters: There is a session of the "Last Word Toastmasters Club" at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the . This Toastmasters Club is an international organization dedicated to helping members improve their communication and leadership skills. Come join the fun-filled, stress-free, supportive group. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- Maybe just a taste...: On this day in 1997, "Iron" Mike Tyson took a bite out of Evander Holyfield's ear. Yeah, we were all kinda grossed out by that when it happened too. In the third round of their rematch, Tyson was upset with a headbutt he received from Holyfield prompting him to spit out his mouthpiece and bite off a portion of Holyfield's ear. After a brief stoppage, the fight continued, only to have Tyson disqualified when he attempted to bite Holyfield's other ear.