"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, June 24. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy and wet Looks like the rainy weather is going to continue today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect cloudy skies with a chance of morning showers and afternoon thunderstorms. High temperature in the upper 60s.
- Shabbat Music: , 16 Lexington St, is hosting a at 7:30 p.m. this evening featuring the temple band for a modern spiritual way to celebrate Shabbat which is sure to be uplifting for people of all ages.
- Storytime: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 98 Middlesex Tpke, is hosting a storytime for children at 6:30 p.m. Join Mr. Ed as he tells you about Zorro, who isn't a swashbuckling masked hero. He's a somewhat bossy dog!
- Exercise out of the rain: The weather hasn't been working out this week but it's still good to get some exercise. Try the . Each morning at 7 a.m. you can enter the mall at the Legal Seafoods entrance and walk the mall for some exercise in a safe and dry environment.
- The “flying disk” of Roswell: On this day in 1997, the U.S. Air Force released a report disputing the claim that aliens landed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. According to the report, the items found in Roswell weren’t part of an unidentified flying object, but were actually parts of a weather balloon. And those alien bodies now stored in Area 51? Those were dummies used in parachute tests. But, no matter what the government says, people still visit Roswell and its UFO Museum and Research Center.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.