"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, June 17. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy with a chance of shower: Mixed bag in today's weather report. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly cloudy skies with a chance of showers after 9 a.m. On the other hand it will be a nice temperature, with a high near 76 degrees.
- Needle talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting the monthly Friday Knit Club today from 10 to 11:45 a.m. This club offers participants a chance to learn, share, and motivate one another in the art of knitting.
- Remembering Fenway: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 98 Middlesex Tpke, is hosting author Harvey Frommer at 7 p.m. this evening. Frommer will on the history of Fenway Park.
- In case you missed it: Burlington Patch has recently started a regional that we are posting every Saturday morning throughout the yard sale season. If you are holding a sale and want some free press for it send an email to Richard.Hosford@Patch.com and check in on Saturday mornings to find out where you can get some great deals.
- Slow ride: On this day in 1994, many of us were glued to our
televisions as we watched former football star O.J. Simpson lead
police on a “high-speed chase”—sort of—live. Simpson was wanted in the
investigation into his wife’s brutal murder and was considered a
fugitive by the Los Angeles Police Department. After the chase,
Simpson finally turned himself in by pulling into his former Brentwood
home and surrendering to police at 9 p.m. He was later tried, and
acquitted, of the murder.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.