Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, June 15. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny skies: Looks like a nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 72 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 52.
- Library half-day: The will be closed until 1 p.m. this afternoon for a staff meeting.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's is currently for students interesting in learning about their spring session that runs until August 1. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- Father's day tastings: is hosting . Today from 4 to 7 p.m. stop by for fine Scotches. Tomorrow from 4 to 7 p.m. try South American wines and on Sunday from 12 to 2 p.m. try Magic Hat & Crabbie's Ginger Beer.
- We'll take Oregon, you can have Canada: On this day in 1846, United States and British officials settled on a compromise regarding land in the Western part of North America. According to the Oregon Treaty, the US would gain control over the land that would become Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho, while the British kept Vancouver Island and navigation rights over the Columbia River.