"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, June 15. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Championship weather: It looks like it’s going to be a banner day here in Burlington with mostly sunny skies and temperatures nearing 73 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Hmmm. 73 degrees, eh? And who is Burlington Patch’s favorite Boston Bruin? That’s right, #73 Michael Ryder. It’s fate.
- Local history: The Burlington Historical Commission is meeting in the Town Hall Annex building tonight at 7 p.m. in the basement meeting room. Learns some history of the town and help preserve the memories of the past.
- Championship game: The Boston Bruins are playing in game 7 of the Stanley Cup tournament at 8 p.m. tonight? Where will you watch the game? We have five suggestions you can find .
- Environmental issues: The Green Group Boston is meeting in the Burlington Public Library from 1 to 4 p.m. today. The group meets to discuss information and ideas for the green and alternative energy economy and way to improve it. Click here for more information.
- Generous Geminis: Were you born on June 15? According to the How Stuff Works web site, that means you are a “generous Gemini” who is “eminently lovable.” If you were born today, you should embrace variety—hey, it is the spice of life, right?—and the joy of giving. But, you should avoid playing favorites and indecisiveness! Oh, and it you’re in the market for a new job, think sales, realty, counseling or the law.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.