“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, July 6. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Heat it up: The temperatures are still rising today as we could see 90 degrees by this afternoon. According to the National Weather Service, sunshine and heat will dominate today. Sounds pretty good to us!
- If you like the work of author, Courtney Allison Moulton creator of Angel Fire, Lisa Desrochers writer of Original Sin, or Leah Clifford, author of A Touch Mortal, all three are going to be at on 98 Middlesex Turnpike. Swing by and join in on their teen book talk at 7 p.m.
- Here's one for the kids. Join Samantha Goober for a morning sing-a-long for kids ages 3-8. Swing by the BPL from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- This is an event the whole family can enjoy. Pop by the Burlington Town Hall tonight at dusk for a family-friendly film.
- Life is like a box of chocolates: On this day in 1994, one of the most endearing motion picture characters was introduced to the American public. Forrest Gump premiered on July 6 in theaters, and Tom Hanks shined as the lead character, a man with a low IQ who winds up at the heart of several key events in modern history. It was Forrest’s big heart and ability to wax philosophic, as well as his running, that helped Hanks win his second Best Actor Oscar for the film.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.