Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, July 30. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny, cooler: Looks like a nice day today and one where we won't all be sweating just walking down the street. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 79 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 61.
- Going to the birds: The Burlington Public Library is hosting at 11 a.m. this morning for kids and teens. Come down and see live birds and learn about their hunting habits.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's is currently for students interesting in learning about their spring session that runs until August 1. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- Kid Concert: The weekly children event on the Town Commons features Musician Ben Rudnick at 6:30 p.m. this evening.
- "I am not a crook!" Well, maybe a bit: On this day in 1974 the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee voted to impeach President Richard Nixon for his involvement in blocking the Watergate investigation and for abuse of power. Nixon resigned on Aug. 9, 1974. Nixon is only president to resign from office in United States history. The scandal also led to the conviction and incarceration of 43 people, many top administration officials.