Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, July 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny and warm: Looks like a nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 86 degrees. A slight chance of showers late tonight with a low around 63.
- Lose weight with support: The group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the . New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Word game: The Burlington Library is also hosting today from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. today. The club is open to all children in grades 4 through 8 and offers them a chance to learn the game, have friendly competition and meet new friends.
- Nominate your favorites: We have re-tooled and relaunched . Right now we have 25 categories of goods and services and are asking readers to nominate their favorite businesses. Have a favorite coffee shop, best place for pizza or best hair salon (to name a few categories)? .
- Breaking down barriers: On this day in 1962 Jackie Robinson became the first African American to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Robinson was also the first modern black player to play in Major League Baseball when he debuted with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947 and helped bring an end to racial segregation in professional baseball.
Have an event you'd like to have featured in our daily 5 Things? Add it to our calendar and let us know all about it.