Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Monday, July 2. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny but chance of showers: Looks like an overall nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of showers after 1 p.m. but otherwise it will be mostly sunny with a high near 86 degrees. A chance of showers this evening with a low around 59.
- Story and crafts: Get your toddler interested in reading at the today. The library is hosting a event from 11 a.m. to noon. Listen to a story and make a craft related to it.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's is currently for students interesting in learning about their spring session that runs until August 1. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- Calling all bloggers: Burlington Patch is . Do you have a hobby you'd like to talk about, an area of expertise you can share or just a desire to share your thoughts? Sign up to blog on Burlington Patch and share with the community. Send an email to Richard.Hosford@patch.com for more information.
- Wow! A Zeppelin!: On this day in 1900, over Lake Constance in Germany, Count Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin showed off a 420-foot cigar-shaped air ship. The rigid air craft was lifted by hydrogen and powered by a 16-horsepower engine. Zeppelins were used during WWI and carried the hope of easier, affordable air travel. But the most famous Zeppelin—the Hindenburg—crashed in 1937 and was essentially the end of the air craft.
Have an event you'd like to have featured in our daily 5 Things? Add it to our calendar and let us know all about it.