"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, July 18. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- T-Storms and heat: Looks like it will be a real summer day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Some of the storms could be severe and possibly bring hail. Aside from that we can expect a high temperature near 90 degrees.
- Preserve the park: The are tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the . The purpose of this meeting is to updates members on activities, plan future activities and sign up new members. The group is always looking for new people to lend their time, energy and ideas.
- Board of Selectmen: The Burlington is also meeting at 7 p.m. tonight. The meeting will be in the hearing room on the second floor of . Each meeting kicks off with a public forum, so come down and let town leaders know what has been on your mind.
- Kids concert on the Commons: Children's musician Johnny the K will be giving a performance on the Town Commons at 6:30 p.m. this evening.
- A Perfect "10": On this day in 1976, Nadia Comaneci becomes the first person in Olympic games history to score a perfect 10 for her gymnastics routine at the 1976 Summer Olympics.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.