Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, July 10. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny: Looks like a nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 85 degrees. Clear tonight with a low around 59.
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Word game: The Library is also hosting a event for students entering grades 4 to 8 at 3:30 p.m. today. No registration required. Come down, hang out with friends and meet new people and play Scrabble.
- Blood drive: The American Red Cross is holding a from 1:3- to 7 p.m. today at the Burlington , 162 Winn St. Do you part and donate today.
- Copa Mundial: On this day in 1999, the United States Women's National Soccer team won the women's World Cup of Soccer. The game was played on home turf at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena before the largest crowd to attend a women's sporting event. The game was scoreless at the end of regulation time and was decided by penalty kicks. The U.S. prevailed 5-4 in the shootout over China winning their second World Cup.