Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, Jan. 6. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Windy day: Looks like a mixed bag of weather today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a slight chance of showers before 9 a.m. and then cloudy skies throughout the day with a high near 43 degrees. Wind gusts could be as high as 30 miles per hour today. Mostly cloudy tonight with a low around 32.
- Quilting: The is hosting the Quilt Club from 10 a.m. to noon. The group is open to anyone and is for people who love quilting and want to share ideas with friends.
- Storytime: is hosting a storytime for children at 6:30 p.m. this evening. Join Mr. Ed for a reading of James Christopher Carroll's "," the story of a boy awake way past his bedtime who joins some special friends for a nighttime party of mystery and magic in the moonlight.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's is currently as part of their winter open enrollment. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- The power of love is a curious thing: On this day in 1925, auto executive John DeLorean was born. He may have only made one car with the DeLorean Motor Company, but it was a winner of a vehicle. The DeLorean, a sports car with wing doors that opened upward, was produced in the early 1980s. It was made famous when it was used as the time machine in the movie Back to the Future (1985). But, DeLorean himself did not fare so well. He was tried for drug trafficking in 1984, and was eventually acquitted of all charges.