Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 7. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- More sun, above freezing temps: These daily weather reports are starting to mostly sound alike. Once again, according to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high temperature near 45 degrees. Partly cloudy and cool tonight with a low around 17.
- Public Meetings: The Burlington at 6:30 p.m. in the basement meeting room of the Town Hall Annex tonight. The Burlington at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Home games: Both the girls and boys varsity basketball teams are hosting home games today against Stoneham High. The boys are playing at 5:30 p.m. at the school and the girls take the court at 7 p.m.
- EEEEEEEEEEE!: On this day in 1964, Beatlemania hit the states. The British rock group The Beatles landed at New York’s Kennedy Airport, starting off years of squeals from adoring female fans. Over 3,000 fans greeted the boys as they stepped off the plane, nearly causing a riot. Two days later, the Beatles performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show for their first American performance.