Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, Feb. 6. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Another warm day: Despite and predicting six more weeks of winter this month, the mild winter continues. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies this morning, followed by sunny skies later in the day. High temperature near 50 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 30.
- Town Admin Search: The is meeting at 3 p.m. today at .
- Preserve the park: The are tonight at 7 p.m. in the Folgelberg A meeting room at the . The purpose of this meeting is to To discuss and plan strategies to ensure that in Burlington and Woburn remains open to the public for recreation and conservation.
- GOP meeting: Burlington's Republican Town Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. this evening at .
- Fore!: On this day in 1971 NASA Astronaut Alan Shepard hit two golfs balls from the surface of the moon during the Apollo 14 mission. Shepard was no stranger to space travel, in 1961 he was the second person, and the first American, to leave the Earth's atmosphere. He returned 10 years later, then the oldest person in the space program, but apparently decided this time he didn't want go too long without practicing his drive.